Boy oh boy do I have a special treat for you today!! YOU get the pleasure of meeting one of the sweetest bloggers I know... Take it away Shelby!!!
I'm Shelby, and I have my own blog called Chasing Birdies. The whole "blogging thing" started just over a year ago for me... May 2011 to be exact. I was just finishing up my sophomore year of high school, and I heard that my friend Joey had his own blog! I thought to myself, "That sounds pretty cool!" I had never known anyone with a blog before, or read a blog for that matter. But it was almost summer, and I knew I was about to have a lot of free time on my hands, so I started my own. And the rest is history.
I blog three to four times a week, and there is always a wide variety of topics covered at Chasing Birdies. Some days I post about music, other days I talk about a book or movie I'm obsessed with at the moment. Sometimes I just update my followers on what's going on in my life! I simply write about whatever comes to my mind. I'd love for you to stop by and say hello sometime! You can also find me on twitter, pinterest, and instagram.
So why do I blog?
My blog began as a place for me to share what was on my mind without worrying that anyone would judge me. No one in my real life used to know about my blog... it was actually just a few months ago that I finally told my sister and one friend. I love the freedom of saying what I want to say, and it always amazes me how many people I'm able to reach with my one little website! That's really my favorite part of blogging: my followers! I absolutely love reading your comments and finding new blogs to follow. There are so many blogs out there just waiting to be read, and they all have such amazing people behind them. I believe in getting to know the person behind the blog, so I created a list of just a few things I think you should know about me.
1. When I'm alone in the car, I belt out the words to every song like a pro.
2. It's my dream to travel to both London, England and Venice, Italy some day.
3. I've had the same group of friends since I was seven years old (I'm seventeen now!)
4. I plan on studying business, possibly finance, once I go to college.
5. I've been a golfer for four years, and I'm right in the middle of my high school season right now.
6. I was born with only one kidney.
7. I know how to juggle (people always seem so amazed at this haha!)
8. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is one of my favorite movies of all time.
9. They haven't won the World Series in over 100 years, but I'm a Chicago Cubs fan all the way!
10. If I could meet one celebrity, I would choose to meet Julia Roberts.
Thank you so much, Amanda, for letting me share my little corner of the blogging world with your followers! I hope you're having fun on your vacation. :)