Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Confessions of a PinAholic

Hello, Lovelies!

My name's Brittany, but you can call me Brit, and I blog over at Confessions of a PinAholic.

{blog} ~ Twitter ~ {facebook} ~ Pinterest


I'm happy to be guest-posting for Amanda today, because her readers rock!  And she is pretty darn awesome herself.

Many of you may already know that she's my cousin.  Well, technically, she got hitched into my family.  Her husband, RB, is actually my cousin on my dad's side.  Ready for some embarrassing photos?

Weren't we so awkward cute way back when.

The Sears:  Grandkids Edition.  I miss my Poppy.  He's Fletcher's namesake!  RB is second from left bottom row.  I'm on the far right.  In the bows.  Proof that I had bad fashion sense back then as well.


Me hauling RB through the snow.  I think this should have been the other way around.  Can we retake this pic the next snow we have?

For those of you who don't know, I LOVE ice cream.  Proof that my addiction started a very long time ago. #icecreamHOG

Play date.  Fact:  I was never good at sports.

I'm the oldest of the Sears grandchildren.  My brother and I grew up next door to RB, his brother, J, his mom, my Aunt B, and our grandparents:  Nanny and Poppy.

We had a lot of fun.  Some of the best memories were made swimming in our grandparent's pool.  All of us could swim before we could walk and talk.  True story.

We They (I mentioned I never was good at sports, right?) also used to have baseball games in the front yard where many a window was broken by a runaway ball.  Whoops!

And that sled made it through many many many Georgia winters.  Our parents used to pull us on that sled behind the 4-wheeler.  Not sure if it was entirely safe, but no one got hurt that I recall and it was the most fun part about a snow day!  As soon as we saw the first snow flakes, the entire family came to Nanny and Poppy's house for the non-traditional sled rides.

Those were good times!

Our family still gets together for cookouts, birthdays and card games whenever we can.  Which is pretty often!  I love that we are so close.  I'm sincerely thankful that I have a wonderful and supportive family that keeps growing as we get older.

I love Amanda like a sister.  She's hysterical and witty and the life of every party.  I'm delighted that RB chose her to spend the rest of his life with.  {And Amanda, I'm glad you jumped right into our crazy, loud, food loving, always joking family.}




Amanda and RB's son, Fletcher, is my little man.  I love him so much.  It's like having a little RB running around getting into everything again.

He loves his Brit~Brit!  BTW, this is the same porch in the "Play Date" photo above.  Memories.Made.


When I first started blogging a few short weeks ago, Amanda was there to help me with anything and everything I needed.  She's the master of the Google search.  Just.Saying.  Now, we help each other.  And have bloggy dates.  Which have been lacking the past couple of weeks mainly due to my schedule.  We need to get back on track.  ASAP.

We launched a DIY Link Party last month called Two Girls and a Pin where we try a different pin each month and post a tutorial.  It goes live the last Tuesday of every month.  There's a GIVEAWAY each month for those who link up their DIY posts.  Prizes vary from month to month and are a SURPRISE!  Any DIY post is eligible.  Join us on August 28th for washer necklaces and bracelets inspired by Lauren Conrad.  The Pinspiration.



Join Amanda and Brittany for the Two Girls and a Pin Series



I've thoroughly enjoyed sharing some of my childhood with you.  It's been fun going down memory lane.  I hope you stop by my little blog sometime.

{blog} ~ Twitter ~ {facebook} ~ Pinterest


1 comment:

Caroline Mason said...

aww these photos are so cute!