Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Into the Word Wednesday

So I changed my blog around.. you like? I hated how the header looked and I'm too cheep poor to have a a custom blog design made -Anybody wanna test their talents for free... anybody??? ;)- Anyway, today i'm linking up again with Becky @ Tales of Beauty for Ashes  and i've been reading the book of Ecclesiastes. Loving it so far. One of my favorite chapters of the bible is what I happened to read today: 

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plan and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build, 
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, 
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away, 
a time to tear and a time to mend, 
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace. 

This is the main thing I struggle with! I want everything to be in MY time. I want everything MY way and I want it NOW. Is anybody else like that? I am constantly reminding my self that it's HIS time and not mine. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

Falen said...

Sooo true. I have those selfish moments too. I can also see this chunk of scripture as a "warning" or "hope" message too. While we may be in an awful season, there is a hope that it will end eventually. Or, while we may be floating on cloud nine, a warning too.. Don't take it for granted as life is seasonal. Does that make sense? Great thought spurring post!

Found you on the Into the Word Blog Hop.

Falen
http://upwardnotinward.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hey there!!! newest follower to your blog ;) love everything you have to say and cant wait to read more from you! come on over & follow back if you want!
xox
ellen
thishive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hey there!!! newest follower to your blog ;) love everything you have to say and cant wait to read more from you! come on over & follow back if you want!
xox
ellen
thishive.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for joining us on the Into the Word Wednesday link-up (I'm a little late getting down the list). I am loving this. It's great. I too like things to be on my own time. My time, not His time. He's more patient than I!! I joined up to follow you. Can't wait to read your post next week!!