Friday, July 13, 2012

You, Me, & Fletcher

I almost had a date night.

Fletcher and I were on our way home from the last night of VBS at our church and he fell asleep on the way home. So when we got home I laid him down and RB and I were doing the dishes. We started talking and decided we would have a date night when we got done. Popcorn and a Netflix in the living room. RB even said he would watch a chick flick. I got so excited, because it's been so long since we've had any kind of date or time to ourselves! So RB popped the pop corn and made tomato sandwiches (we live so dangerous!) and I put on my pj's and I was in the bathroom and I heard screaming. No big deal, I'll just get him a cup of water and he will fall right back asleep. so I did as such and went to turn the Wii on in the living room and heard the dreaded noise again. This time he was standing up... 
Date night became Family night. 


I still got my tomato sandwiches, and a had a little boy sharing my popcorn. And the chick flick turned into a documentary on Monopoly. 


Maybe one day... 

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Haha. Love it. Sorry you didn't get your date night.

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

haha. look at that face! he's like, "I'm totally getting in on this family fun time".
you guys almost {almost} live as dangerously as us.